My food review of a cream caramel dessert at a restaurant in Mount Eden, Auckland, New Zealand.

Two nights ago, I went out for dinner and a drink with a friend at zool zool, a Japanese restaurant in Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand. And we had a dessert each. I chose to order a cream caramel, which is a form of pudding, and this one came served in a sealed jar, which I had to open the lid in order to scoop the dessert out to eat.

The pudding is wonderfully sweet, with a very nice, smooth texture and a slight crunch-like texture. The bottom bit is caramel, which has a bitter taste and a burnt like flavor, in a really pleasant way. The bitter taste and the burnt like flavor of the caramel complimented the smooth texture and the sweetness of the cream (the top part). It was served cold as well.

It was a fairly decent price for the dessert, which was $6.00 NZD. Overall, the dessert was absolutely delicious, although, admittedly, I wish the serving was bigger.
I would definitely order this dessert when I go back to this restaurant again.

This review is published by Natalie Dunn.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.